nod666
Welcome to your doom.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

nod666
Welcome to your doom.
nod666
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Dead of Night Second Edition) The Perthocalypse OOC

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

(Dead of Night Second Edition) The Perthocalypse OOC - Page 3 Empty Regaining Survival Points

Post  Mr Nay Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:58 am

I will repost this and add a bit about Tension later to keep you in the loop.

If you fulfil one of the following conditions and I don't seem to have picked up on it, feel free to give me a yell and I will give you a Survival Point.

*Getting a double on a successful roll

*Putting your character in danger by following a zombie movie cliche

*Following a bad habit in a way that puts you and/or other at risk

*Resting for a scene can restore a point up to a max of 5

*If you do something really cool that improves the story

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

(Dead of Night Second Edition) The Perthocalypse OOC - Page 3 Empty Spending Survival Points

Post  Mr Nay Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:16 pm

You can spend a Survival Point make use of one of the following effects:

Inspiration - You may flip an attribute pair for the duration of a scene. To return attributes to their normal values before the end of the scene, you must spend another Survival Point.

That Never Happened! - You may re-roll a single roll. You must abide by the results of the re-roll, although you may continue to spend additional Survival Points to re-roll the re-roll.

Vying for Attention - You may spend a Survival Point to interrupt another character's action or to gain the Initiative.

Hold It! - You can spend a Survival Point at any time to negate the effect of another character's Survival Point expenditure. Of course, this action can also be cancelled by spending a Survival Point, possibly starting a bidding war.

What's This? - You can spend a Survival Point to introduce a new element into the story, such as an important clue or previously unspecified fact about the setting or monster,

I've Got Just The Thing! - You can spend a Survival Point to find, own or otherwise acquire a useful item of some description. The introduction of the item must be in keeping with the established fiction - a character can not simply find a rocket launcher in a bar fight, but might pick up a discarded knife.

Make Me Special! - You can also spend Survival Points to gain additional Specializations during play. A Specialization costs 2 Survival Points and you must lower the associated pair of Attributes by two as normal. There must be an in story reason for the new Specialization too.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

(Dead of Night Second Edition) The Perthocalypse OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: (Dead of Night Second Edition) The Perthocalypse OOC

Post  Chucky Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:27 pm

Awesome. It sound like a really story driven game. I especially like that the players can add to the story more than you normally can in other games (via Survival Points)
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

(Dead of Night Second Edition) The Perthocalypse OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: (Dead of Night Second Edition) The Perthocalypse OOC

Post  Mr Nay Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Yeah, they are a lot like Willpower in WoD, but instead of a bonus you get to shape the story at a cost to yourself. It is a really cool game and the art is awesome.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

(Dead of Night Second Edition) The Perthocalypse OOC - Page 3 Empty That Never Happened!

Post  Mr Nay Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:36 pm

Sorry Chuck, when you spend a Survival Point to re-roll you have to roll both of the dice again. But we will leave the last one as is.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:57 am

Whoops. I'll try to remember that.
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:02 am

Whisperer Nest?
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:51 am

No probs.
The whisperer nest is Andrew's mutation, it is what allows him to hear peoples thoughts. Here are the details.

Whisperer Nest (Identify)
Having a nest of whisperers living and feeding on your thoughts and memories isnt so bad, they let you hear the subvocalizations of others. All those things they say to themselves in their heads are obvious to you.
It does get distracting when the tiny creatures get restless though and start crawling along the inside of your skull.

I added the mutations to your character sheets a little while ago. Just click here to have a look.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:41 pm

This is the table I used for your freaky specializations

1#Knitter Hive(Protect)
You have become a breeding colony for the knitter organisms. They swarm through your vitals accelerating cellular regeneration and performing other far more mysterious functions you dont understand within your body.

2#Black Halo(Obscure)
This implant looks like a network of dark veins just under the surface of the arms and chest. When stimulated the veins generate the black halo effect, absorbing light and sound rendering you invisible and silent.

3#Whisperer Nest (Identify)
Having a nest of whisperers living and feeding on your thoughts and memories isnt so bad, they let you hear the subvocalizations of others. All those things they say to themselves in their heads are obvious to you.
It does get distracting when the tiny creatures get restless though and start crawling along the inside of your skull.

4#Phobogen(Dissuade)
You have a small triangular organ attached to the inside of your sternum. When active it hyperstimulates the fear centres in anyone that looks at you triggering intense flight/fear responses.

5#Flenser(Assault)
Black razor sharp tendrils lair in your mouth. Their reach is impressive, easily able to tear the flesh from a person across the road.
Unfortunately you can never get rid of the taste of blood, whether it's another's or from the cuts in your mouth.

6#Phaseworm(Escape)
A phaseworm is a long slender symbiote with lots of little legs like a millipede. Once implanted it latches on to the underside of your spine. The legs connect it to your nervous system and once the two of you finally get along, you can ask it to create localized spatial distortions around you. These fields can let you compress, stretch or sidestep distance.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:08 am

Where do you reckon the most sensible place would be for a paramilitary agency working with the military to set up a command centre if they are trying to contain a threat in the city centre?

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Oh great. Now I've got the X-men theme stuck in my head. Very Happy
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:49 am

It could be worse, it could be Abba, lol.

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:15 am

(groan) 'Dancing queen..'
Chucky
Chucky
Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Nay Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:31 am

Viral meme inserted. Initiating phase two...

Mr Nay
Veteran Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3